Skip to Content

Jewish archives -- New York (State), Western

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

American Jewish Committee, Buffalo/Niagara Chapter records

 Collection — Box 1-15
Identifier: MS 206
Overview Records of the American Jewish Committee - Buffalo/Niagara Chapter primarily from its final 20 years of operation documenting interfaith and Jewish heritage programming and community awards.

Bureau of Jewish Education of Greater Buffalo records

 Collection — Box 1-21
Identifier: MS 203
Overview The Bureau of Jewish Education of Greater Buffalo records consist primarily of records documenting the activities of the Bureau, a non-profit community-based educational institution.

Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo and Summer Camps records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS 204
Overview The collection of Jewish Community Center (JCC) of Greater Buffalo and Summer Camps Records contains a wide range of material, dominated by photographs and program-related materials for the JCC, Camp Lakeland and Camp Centerland. Also, contains correspondence, reports, publications, newsletters, and handwritten documents. An additional three other collections are included: annual Jewish community book fair records; Jewish Film Festival and Jewish Repertory Theatre records.

Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo records

 Collection — Box 1-36, 37+-40+, 41
Identifier: MS 225
Overview Records of the Jewish Federation and, because of the Federation's encompassing nature, the some records from affiliated and supported institutions. Local case files on Soviet Jewish immigration created by Jewish Family Service are included. The collection includes a file of the Jewish Federation's newsletter, Federation News.

Kadimah School of Buffalo records

 Collection — Box 1-4
Identifier: MS 209
Overview The Kadimah School of Buffalo Records describe the governance and activities of the school between 1959 and 2010 as well as pre-opening materials from 1958. The bulk of the material dates from between 1957 to 1989. The collection contains minutes and administrative papers, budgets, student and faculty related materials, publications and publicity materials.