Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 71
- Names: Poetry Manuscripts Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo) X
- Poets, American--20th century--Correspondence 16
- American poetry -- 20th century 12
- Poetry -- Women authors 11
- Poetry -- Publishing 10
- Poets, American--20th century 10
- Little magazines 8
- Poetry -- Periodicals 8
- American poetry -- 20th century -- Periodicals 7
- Publishers and Publishing -- Correspondence 7
- Publishers and Publishing 6
- Concrete poetry 4
- Poetry 4
- Publishers and publishing--United States 4
- Visual poetry 4
- Correspondence -- Poetry, English -- 20th century 3
- Mail art 3
- Photographs 3
- Poetics 3
- Poetry -- Translating 3
- Poets, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 3
- Poets, English--20th century 3
- Small presses 3
- Authors and publishers 2
- Beat generation 2
- Poetry -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States 2
- 20th century -- Authors, Irish 1
- American poetry -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Audio materials 1
- Authors and publishers -- 20th century -- United States -- History 1
- Buddhist poetry, American 1
- Choreography and dance archives 1
- Community activists 1
- Criticism -- United States 1
- Electronic mail 1
- Fiberwork 1
- Finnish poetry -- 20th century 1
- Gay rights -- United States 1
- Independent bookstores -- California 1
- Independent bookstores -- United States -- New York (N.Y.) 1
- Interviews 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Novelists, Irish -- 20th century 1
- Periodicals -- Folk poetry 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Interviews 1
- Poets, American -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Poets, Irish -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Proofs (Printing) -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Slovenian poetry -- 20th century 1
- Small presses -- England -- London 1
- Small presses -- United States 1
- Small presses -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Video recordings 1
- Videocassettes 1
- Vorticism 1
- Women artists 1
- Women poets, Canadian 1
- Women teachers 1
- Works of art 1 less ...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Helen Adam (1909-1993) was a poet and visual artist of the San Francisco Renaissance. Born in Scotland, she garnered acclaim at a young age for her collection of poems titled The Elfin Peddlar. After attending Edinburgh University for two years Helen and her sister and frequent collaborator Pat Adam worked as journalists in London before moving to the United States with their mother in 1939. The family made their way to San Francisco, at the beginning of what...
Overview The Alcheringa Collection spans the entire history of the magazine, including approximately 100 manuscript items representing a broad range of the poetry, articles, and reviews that were published; approximately 200 letters and 46 postcards from internationally known poets, anthropologists and folklorists including Michael Corr, Robert Creeley, Ted Enslin, Jerome Rothenberg, Gary Snyder, Nathaniel Tarn, and Dennis Tedlock; approximately 1,219 items of business...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview This collection contains material from Alpha Beat, an independent press publishing Beat generation and Beat-inspired work. Included are manuscripts, advertisements, reviews, and production material for monographic and periodical publications.
Overview The Athanor collection contains all of the papers relating to the publishing history of the magazine including manuscript submissions, editor's correspondence, and business documents.
Overview Anne Blonstein (1958-2011) was born in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England, and studied plant genetics at Cambridge University. In 1983 Blonstein was appointed to a post-doctoral fellowship at the Friedrich Miescher Institute in Basel, where she remained for the rest of her life. She began publishing poetry in 1987, and in 1991 she left her career in science to pursue writing full time, working as a freelance translator and editor. The Anne Blonstein collection, 1975-2011, consists of...
Overview Collection contains editorial and business records for the five issues of Boss magazine (1966-1979), BossCards, Boss postcards, and books published by Boss Books. Material includes production material, correspondence, interviews, newspaper clippings, photographs, film stills, negatives, manuscripts, original artwork, and business financial records.
Overview The Buckle Collection contains the records for both of Frank’s literary magazines. The Buckle" materials include editorial correspondence (1977 to 1982) along with a few miscellaneous manuscripts and business records. The Buckle& documents include books and magazines inscribed to Frank; general correspondence with various editors, columnists, critics, directors, actors, and Israeli and American poets;...
Overview The bulk of the collection is comprised of typescript signed poems by Charles Bukowski; some are photocopies of typescripts or computer-printed pages but are signed in ink. The collection also includes a painting by Charles Bukowski, a painting and screen print by Jack Micheline, two Black Sparrow Press broadsides of poems by Bukowski, posters advertising readings by Bukowski, a dubbed copy of documentary The Best Hotel on Skid Row, and a small file of correspondence from Bukowski to various...
Overview The Bunting Pickard collection contains approximately 1,000 volumes from Basil Bunting's personal library, many signed, inscribed, and/or with notes; the notebook manuscript of Briggflatts; 64 letters from Bunting to Tom Pickard; manuscripts and typescripts of works by Pickard; correspondence; materials relating to the Morden Tower reading series; cassette recordings of Bunting; and miscellaneous photographs.
Overview The Chain collection contains material pertaining to the editorial business and production of Chain magazine from 1993-2004. Material includes correspondence and submissions, production material, printer invoices, and correspondence between the editors, Juliana Spahr and Jena Osman. Formats include printed email, correspondence, floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, and VHS.