Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
- Student movements -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 7
- Student strikes -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 7
- Clippings (information artifacts) 6
- Academic freedom -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- Campus violence -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- Student movements -- New York (State) -- History -- Buffalo -- 20th century -- Sources 4
- Student unions -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- Student-administrator relationships -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Draft registers -- United States 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- Correspondence 3
- Fliers (printed matter) 3
- Riots -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 3
- Students -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Political activity 3
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Public opinion -- United States 3
- Banners 2
- Buffalo (N.Y.) -- Politics and government 2
- Buttons (information artifacts) 2
- College students -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Political activity 2 + ∧ less
- University Archives 13
- Campus Unrest at the University at Buffalo Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo) 12
- State University of New York at Buffalo 11
- Krehbiel, Paul 2
- Siggelkow, Richard A. 2
- Abele, John 1
- Alhakk, Yusef 1
- Austin, Jim 1
- Bennis, Warren G. 1
- Black Panther Party 1
- Blank, Donald S. 1
- Buffalo anti-imperialist newsletter 1
- Buffalo red star 1
- Buffalo workers voice 1
- Bunch, Bob 1
- Carter, Rubin 1
- Cook, Roger 1
- Davis, Madeline D. 1
- DuBois, Ellen Carol 1
- Dunn, Charles J. (Charles James) 1 + ∧ less
A collection of local and national news sources related to labor, anti-war, student unrest, and free speech issues spanning the years 1969-1992. Publications were collected by Richard Lipsitz, Jr., president of the Western New York Area Labor Federation.
This collection contains materials related to campus unrest at the University at Buffalo, 1965-1990. Included are materials regarding the "Faculty 45," and artifacts such as buttons, strike flags, banners, a tear gas canister, and a recording of the "Hayes Hall Blues," a song about the "Faculty 45."
Clippings from newspapers in the Buffalo, N.Y. area reporting on campus unrest at the State University of New York at Buffalo between 1964 and 1975.
An open collection of donated materials and recollections relating to the period of campus unrest at the University at Buffalo (1969-1971).
Interviews, chronologies and surveys collected by social psychologists, Dean G. Pruitt and James Gahagan pertaining to the events on the South campus of the State University of New York at Buffalo mainly from February to April 1970.
Collection includes Haynie's correspondence, teaching files, publications, and information on political, social, and environmental activism.
Collection of materials from Elizabeth Lapovsky Kennedy, professor of Women's Studies. Includes her teachings, publications, political activism, resource material, and her work in the UB Women's Studies and American Studies departments.
Papers of student activist Paul Krehbiel, concerning his involvement in and exposure to the Student unrest of the late 1960s-1970 at the University at Buffalo. The bulk of the material is dated from circa 1968-1970, except Krehbiel’s later organizational interests, which dates from 2000.
The papers of Elwin H. Powell (1925-2001), activist and sociology professor at the University at Buffalo. Collection includes extensive research and writings concerning political events in the UB and Buffalo communities.
Collection contains material Richard Siggelkow kept while researching for his book, Dissent and Disruption: A University Under Siege, Buffalo, N.Y.: Prometheus Books, 1991. Also included are personal correspondence, essays, and clippings regarding his role as Dean of Students later Vice President for Student Affairs.
Students at the University at Buffalo launched a new newspaper in December 1950. The Spectrum succeeded the Bee (1921-1950) and Argus (1947-1950). This collection comprises primarily prints but includes some negatives.
The Squire Hall Demonstrations Records document student protests when the University at Buffalo converted the student union into a dental clinic for the Dental School, March 1982.
Two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings relating to campus unrest at the University at Buffalo in 1970. Volume 1 consists of Buffalo Courier Express clippings, dated February 26 to April 15, 1970. Volume 2 contains Buffalo Evening News clippings, February 26 to April 16, 1970. Topics include Buffalo police on campus, ROTC protests, establishment of experimental colleges, and Acting President Dr. Peter F. Regan.
Copies of UB Today article on campus unrest at the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1970 and artifacts and written recollections provided by alumni who were students at the university during the period of unrest.
Flags used in various University at Buffalo events. Collection also contains flags used by alumni of the University at Buffalo during important events such as the flight of the Space Shuttle Atlantis and during the recovery of Ground Zero.