Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- College buildings -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Correspondence 2
- Photographs 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Administrative records 1
- Autographs (manuscripts) 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Buffalo (N.Y.) -- Politics and government 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Amherst 1
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- College administrators -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- College presidents -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Committee reports 1
- Diaries 1
- Drama--History and criticism 1
- Educational leadership--United States 1
- First editions -- Bibliography 1
- German drama--History and criticism 1
- German teachers--United States 1
- Invitations 1
- Lantern slides 1
- Medical colleges -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- History 1
- Memoirs 1
- Menus 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Postcards 1
- Private libraries -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Radio addresses, debates, etc. 1
- Rare books -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Bibliography -- Catalogs 1
- Signatures (names) 1
- Speeches (documents) 1
- United States -- Intellectual life -- 20th century 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Administration 1
- Visitors' books 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war 1 less ...
Collection — Box: 1-30
Overview Professional and personal correspondence, speeches, articles and memorabilia of Samuel P. Capen, first director of the American Council in Education (1919-1922); first full-time Chancellor of the University of Buffalo (1922-1950); and spokesman for academic freedom and educational reform.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Minute book, course leaflets, and invitation from the University of Buffalo's Associated Alumni Committees for planning the establishment of a School of Arts and Sciences.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Materials related to University at Buffalo campus construction between 1952 and 1959.
Collection — Box: 1-8, 9+-15+, MC 4.15
Overview The collection contains letters, photographs and clippings, pertaining to the dedication of Lockwood Memorial Library and the production of a catalog for the occasion. The collection also includes Lockwood family memorabilia consisting of scrapbooks, diaries, guestbooks, correspondence, photographs, programs and menus.
Collection — Box: 1-11, MC 4.13
Overview Papers of Julian Park, the first dean of Arts and Sciences (1919-1954) and the University's first Historian (1959-1965). Collection includes historical documents concerning the inception and early history of the University which Park used as research for his publication, History of the University of Buffalo (1917). Also includes an unpublished manuscript for a subsequent history of the University; typewritten memoir; scrapbooks regarding his father, Roswell Park and the University of Buffalo...
Collection — Box: +1-+2
Overview Two scrapbooks documenting the life and career of George F. Rand, Jr. One scrapbook was assembled after Rand's death and contains clippings regarding Rand's passing. The other scrapbook was assembled in the mid-1930s and highlights Rand's career in Buffalo, N.Y.
Collection — Drawer: RG 2
Abstract Contains administrative histories and clippings regarding UB Council and its activities.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract The University Council Committee to Name Buildings records, 1972-1980 includes Minutes, correspondence, memoranda, clippings, and other records of the Committee to Name Buildings, ca. 1972 1980; alphabetical file, apparently incomplete, on individuals suggested for building names.