Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 4
- School integration -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Discrimination in education -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Educational law and legislation -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Speeches (documents) 2
- Academic libraries -- Aims and objectives -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Administrative records 1
- Affirmative action programs -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Affirmative action programs -- New York (State) -- Niagara Frontier 1
- African American nurses -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- African American women -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- African American women -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Societies and clubs 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights 1
- African Americans -- Interviews 1
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- Niagara Frontier 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Awards 1
- Brochures 1 + ∧ less
- State University of New York at Buffalo 3
- Buffalo Public Schools (Buffalo, N.Y.) 2
- Buffalo Urban League 2
- American Red Cross. Greater Buffalo Chapter 1
- Besag, Frank P. 1
- Buffalo (N.Y.). Board of Education 1
- Church of God in Christ (Buffalo, N.Y.) 1
- Citizen Commission on School Desegregation (Buffalo, N.Y.) 1
- Citizens' Council on Human Relations (Buffalo, N.Y.) 1
- Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital (Buffalo, N.Y.) 1
- Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital (Buffalo, N.Y.). School of Nursing 1
- Eisenhower, Julie Nixon 1
- Emergency School Aid Act Advisory Committee (Buffalo, N.Y.) 1
- Evans, William L., 1886- 1
- Garver, Newton, 1928-2014 1
- Gilbert, John 1
- Goldfarb, Norman 1
- Greene, B. Gwendolyn (Betty Gwendolyn), 1922-2010 1
- Manch, Joseph 1 + ∧ less
This collection contains individual and group interviews which were used as source material for Frank Besag's book Anatomy of a Riot: Buffalo, 1967, a case study comprised primarily of interviews with witnesses to the events in Buffalo from June 26 through July 1, 1967. Also included are newspaper clippings about the study and a copy of the book.
A collection of annual, quarterly, and special reports from the Buffalo Urban League, Buffalo, New York.
The collection contains correspondence, news clippings, policy statements, printed materials, and speech notes, reflecting the actions the Citizens' Council on Human Relations (CCHR) while seeking to end discrimination, particularly against African-Americans, in Buffalo, N.Y. There are also organizational files, consisting of by-laws, newsletters and membership lists, which reflect the internal workings of CCHR itself.
Course materials of student John Gilbert; materials relate to a diversity course taught by Nelson H. Nichols, Jr. of the Buffalo Urban League. The class was a UB continuing education course, possibly held at the Buffalo Urban League office.
Materials concerning the Buffalo Urban League and its Director, William L. Evans, as collected by B. Gwendolyn Greene.
The papers of Joseph Manch, Superintendent of Buffalo Public Schools (1957-1975) document his professional and personal activities.
Scrapbooks, photographs, correspondence, awards, and publications documenting the professional career of Eva M. Noles, nurse, author, and local activist.
Newsletter, fliers, and clippings relating to the Perry Action Committee.
This collection consists of the files concerning school desegregation in Buffalo, New York that Sarah Simmons kept as a member of the Citizen's Commission on School Desegregation and the Emergency School Aid Act Advisory Committee. Includes grant proposals, notes, reports, and publications by Buffalo Public Schools.