Academic Planning, University at Buffalo
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials generated by and for the State University of New York at Buffalo’s School of Law. The collection contains material on planning, accreditation, and curriculum; and biographical information on the school’s deans and faculty members. There are a number of internal and external publications including UB Law Links (an electronic newsletter), course schedules, commencement programs, and annual reports and published 75-year and centennial histories. Also included is information on the James McCormick Mitchell Lecture Series (held annually since 1951) and John Lord O’Brian Hall, the home of the Law School on UB’s North Campus, as well as notable issues that the school and faculty addressed.
Notable files include materials on the landmark Supreme Court case, Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 379 (1965) which held that the Connecticut law forbidding use of contraceptives unconstitutionally intrudes upon the right of marital privacy. Robert B. Fleming (’51), former associate dean, authored an amicus brief on the case on which the court based much of its opinion.
- 1898 - 2021
- Bulk: Majority of material found within 1956 - 2021
- From the Collection: State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Law (Organization)
- From the Collection: Hyman, Jacob D. (Person)
- From the Collection: Newhouse, Wade J. (Person)
- From the Collection: State University of New York at Buffalo. Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence (Organization)
- From the Collection: University of Buffalo. School of Law (Organization)
Terms of Access
The bulk of the University at Buffalo Law School Records are open for use except the ABA/AALS Inspection documents. Materials can be examined by qualified researchers in the Law Library during hours of operation during which Law Reference Librarians are present. In order to insure access, researchers are advised to contact the Law Library in advance of visits.
From the Collection: 27.53 Linear Feet (57 manuscript boxes, 2 11x14 boxes, 1 11x17 box)
Language of Materials
From the Series: English