Skip to Content

Box 118

 Container

Contains 15 Collections and/or Records:

Temple Beth Zion Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS 156
Overview Organizational papers documenting the religious and community activities of Temple Beth Zion synagogue. Includes photographs, ledgers, scrapbooks, correspondence, newspaper clippings, newsletters, flyers, certificates, architectural drawings and special format or oversize materials dating from 1864 to 2008. Includes materials created by auxiliaries, religious school, leadership, administration and clergy.

Building and Grounds, Building, Expansion and Building Fund, 1950-1959

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 14
Identifier: C
Scope and Contents For Sweet Home Road, Amherst, NY. Folded materials are damaged and fragile.

Building and Grounds, Niagara Street, 1890-1978

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 1
Identifier: A
Scope and Contents The Niagara Street building was a former Methodist Church. The 1890 clipping is extremely fragile and should not be removed from its housing without prior consultation with the archivist. Other clippings refer back to building history as a church, synagogue and masonic hall.

Building and Grounds, Building Committee, Minutes, Ledger, 1889-1891

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 2
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents Includes Sikes Chair Company receipt, 1891, in separated envelope.

Building and Grounds, Building Fund, Ledger, 1890-1919

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 3
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents The papers of Temple Beth Zion document the religious and community activities of Temple Beth Zion synagogue from 1864-2008. Although the congregation was founded much earlier in 1850, material for the period prior to 1864 when it was an orthodox synagogue is missing. A constitution from 1863 is found in the Cofeld Judaic Museum. Despite the earlier losses, and a fire that destroyed the former sanctuary and temple complex, this collection provides a considerable span of materials arranged into...

Building and Grounds, Building, Correspondence with Edward A. Kent, 1890-1912

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 4
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents Includes digital images JBIC626 and JBIC627. Also includes copy of Edward Kent’s obituary, 1912.

Building and Grounds, Building Fund, Journal entries, loose, 1928-1929

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 5
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents The papers of Temple Beth Zion document the religious and community activities of Temple Beth Zion synagogue from 1864-2008. Although the congregation was founded much earlier in 1850, material for the period prior to 1864 when it was an orthodox synagogue is missing. A constitution from 1863 is found in the Cofeld Judaic Museum. Despite the earlier losses, and a fire that destroyed the former sanctuary and temple complex, this collection provides a considerable span of materials arranged into...

Building and Grounds, Building, Dedication of New Center, 1 October 1929

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 6
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents The papers of Temple Beth Zion document the religious and community activities of Temple Beth Zion synagogue from 1864-2008. Although the congregation was founded much earlier in 1850, material for the period prior to 1864 when it was an orthodox synagogue is missing. A constitution from 1863 is found in the Cofeld Judaic Museum. Despite the earlier losses, and a fire that destroyed the former sanctuary and temple complex, this collection provides a considerable span of materials arranged into...

Building and Grounds, Building Contract, Peters Co. and Temple Beth Zion, 1930

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 7
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents H. Peters Co. contract is signed by Temple Beth Zion President, Herman Wile.

Building and Grounds, Building Committee, Minutes, February-April 1951

 File — Box: 118, Folder: 8
Identifier: B
Scope and Contents The papers of Temple Beth Zion document the religious and community activities of Temple Beth Zion synagogue from 1864-2008. Although the congregation was founded much earlier in 1850, material for the period prior to 1864 when it was an orthodox synagogue is missing. A constitution from 1863 is found in the Cofeld Judaic Museum. Despite the earlier losses, and a fire that destroyed the former sanctuary and temple complex, this collection provides a considerable span of materials arranged into...