Reading Club records
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains minutes of meetings and activities, photographs correspondence, clippings and member lists.
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Reading Club (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Reading Club records, 1924-1984, are open for research.
Copyright is held by the State University of New York at Buffalo, University Archives. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Reading Club, composed of University at Buffalo senior faculty wives, was established in 1924. Members met twice a month to read, sew and have tea. Original members included Frances Jones, Jane Hector, Edith Carpenter and Gertrude Pound. Several members became involved with the University Women’s Club, and the Club contributed to the care of a foster child in the 1940’s and 1950’s. Deaths, retirements and relocations precipitated the disbanding of the club in 1984.
.25 Linear Feet (1 half box)
Minutes of meetings and activities, photographs, correspondence, clippings and member lists.
This collection is arranged in original order.
The Reading Club records were donated to the University Archives by Martha Park Koekkoek on May 1, 1985.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives Staff.
Finding aid encoded by Kuniko Simon, October 2008.
- Finding Aid for the Reading Club records
- Finding aid prepared by Archives Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.