William S. Huff papers
This collection contains compilations of first year Department of Architecture architectural design assignments, 1975-1986, and course records, project assignments, and student lists, 1975-1987; sketch model for a wood construction problem and prototype for a toy problem from first year architecture design studio; documentation and slides on all departmental, all day sketch problems, 1980 (William S. Huff, Richard C. Cordts, and Alvaro Malo were principal faculty members); designs and writings by Richard C. Cordts, and A. J. C. Wilson; poster and postcard announcement for ArtSpace (Buffalo, March 8-April 6, 1986); poster of Max Bill exhibition (Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 1974); "Book one: The Background: programming for a new experimental school of design" (1985).
Included are files of the periodicals Perspecta: the Yale architectural journal and Oppositions: a journal for ideas and criticism in architecture, and Papers of the American Association of Architectural Bibliographers.
- Huff, William S. (Person)
Language of Materials
Terms of Access
The bulk of the William S. Huff papers, 1952-1988 are open for research.
Access to portions of this collection is RESTRICTED. Please contact University Archives for more details.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in th collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Permission to publish material from this collection must be requested in writing from the University Archivist at the University Libraries of the State University of New York at Buffalo.
10 Linear Feet (28 boxes)
Other Finding Aid
Accruals and Additions
Finding aid encoded by Danielle White, August 2014.
- Architecture -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- Buffalo and Western New York Architecture Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- Cordts, Richard
- Faculty papers
- Malo, Alvaro
- Roericht, Nick H.
- Schools of architecture -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Students
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Environmental Design -- Curricula
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Environmental Design -- Faculty
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Environmental Design -- Students
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Planning -- Curricula
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Planning -- Faculty
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Architecture and Planning -- Students
- Wilson, A. J. C. (Arthur James Cochran)
- Finding Aid for the William S. Huff papers
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Language of description