Library Science manual and student notes
Scope and Contents
Materials include "How to Use the Library" manual and student notes on the Dewey Decimal System, abbreviations, and the dictionary.
Terms of Access and Use
Library Science manual and student notes (1936) are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo, University Archives. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Library Science Course was established in 1919 as part of the College of Arts and Sciences, and prepared students for public and school library work. The degree of B.S. in Library Science was first conferred in 1937, taking the place of the former New York State certificate.
.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Small collection of Library Science materials, including a library manual and student notes.
Materials arranged in one series, in one folder.
The Library Science manual and student notes were gifted to University Archives by Ronald Gaczewski, 2008, accession 10-009.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected.
Processed by Amy Vilz, 2018; finding aid encoded by Amy Vilz, 2018.
- Library education -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Library schools -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- Library science -- Study and teaching -- United States Subject Source: Local sources
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Information and Library Studies
- Finding Aid for the Library Science manual and student notes
- In Progress
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper.
- 23 July 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note