School of Nursing curricula records
Scope and Contents
Includes records relating to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing; dietetics; anesthesia; and proposed class schedules.
Terms of Access and Use
The School of Nursing curricula records (1932-1938, 1957) are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo, University Archives. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The UB School of Nursing was founded in 1936 as a Division of Nursing in the School of Medicine, and became an independent unit of the University in 1940. In 1964, the School's curriculum was changed to include a Master's program as well as a variety of new concentrations outside of the basic, functional nursing degree. Today, the School of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science (BS), a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in four programs of study, a Master's Degree in Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems, and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree.
.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Collection of School of Nursing records, curricula and program descriptions, 1932-1938, 1957.
The origin of this collection is unknown.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected.
Processed by Amy Vilz, July 2018; finding aid encoded by Amy Vilz, 2018.
- Curricula Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curriculum planning -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- Nursing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- Nursing schools -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- University of Buffalo. School of Nursing
- Finding Aid for the School of Nursing curricula records
- In Progress
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper.
- 23 July 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note