The Women's Group records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes membership rosters, newsletters, event invitations, schedules, committee work, anniversary files, and articles relating to The Women's Group.
- Women's Group (1983-) (Organization)
Terms of Access and Use
The Women's Group records are open to researchers with the exception of folders 1.7-1.8. These membership rosters contain personally identifiable information and are restricted. See archivist for access.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Women's Group was started in 1983 by twenty women in Buffalo, New York as a way to network with and support other professional women. The Group meets monthly and consists of many "women firsts:" first woman Surrogate Court judge in Western New York, first woman president of the American Medical Association, and first woman editor of the Buffalo News, among others.
.4 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Membership rosters, newsletters, schedules, and events pertaining to The Women's Group of Buffalo, New York.
The Women's Group records were gifted to University Archives in three accessions: Carole Smith Petro (March 2018, May 2019) and Joan Willard Gruen (March 2018).
Accruals and Additions
Further accruals are expected.
Processed by Amy Vilz, June 2018; finding aid encoded by Amy Vilz, June 2018.
- Business networks -- Women -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- Women -- Social networks -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- History
- Women executives -- Societies and clubs -- History
- Women's History in Buffalo and Western New York Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- Finding aid for The Women's Group records
- Finding aid prepared by Amy Vilz.
- 22 June 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note