Erie County International Women's Year committee records
Correspondence, minutes, and other documents relating to Erie County's efforts to recognize International Women's Year.
Terms of Access and Use
The Erie County International Women's Year committee records are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The United Nations proclaimed 1975 as International Women's Year. The Erie County International Women's Year committee sought to participate by coordinating a coalition of local groups including: YWCA of Buffalo and Erie County, Erie County League of Women Voters, the SUNY Women's Council, and others.
.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Original order maintained.
Miriam Becker gifted the collection to University Archives on August 5, 1980 (accession number 80-028).
Accruals and Additions
No additions are expected.
Minimally processed by Amy Vilz, May 2018; finding aid encoded by Amy Vilz, May 2018.
- Buffalo (N.Y.) -- Women -- 20th century Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Social conditions Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- New York State -- Erie County Subject Source: Local sources
- Women's History in Buffalo and Western New York Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- Erie County International Women's Year committee records
- Finding aid prepared by Amy Vilz.
- 29 May 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note