Peter F. Murphy papers
Collection — Container: 1
This collection contains the papers of English alumnus and former lecturer Peter S. Murphy, including notes and course materials concerning the courses he taught at the Tolstoy College as well as miscellaneous clippings and publications.
- circa 1970-1985
- Murphy, Peter Francis (Person)
Terms of Access
The Peter F. Murphy papers, circa 1970-1985 are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
.4 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Papers of English lecturer and alumnus Peter F. Murphy, including materials concerning the courses he taught in the Tolstoy College.
Peter F. Murphy is a UB alumnus (MA, English literature, 1985) and former lecturer and teaching assistant in UB's Tolstoy College, where he worked from 1978-1985. He then worked as a teaching assistant in UB's English department until 1987, when he joined the faculty of English at Empire State College. He became an Associate Professor of English at Murray State University in 1998, and gained full professorship in 2001, a position he still holds.
No further accruals are expected to this collection
Collection processed by Grace Trimper, May 2018; finding aid encoded by Grace Trimper, May 2018.
- Anarchism -- Study and teaching
- Radicalism -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Students -- Political activity -- History -- 20th century
- State University of New York at Buffalo. English Department
- Tolstoy College -- Curricula
- Finding Aid for the Peter F. Murphy papers
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper.
- May 2018
- Description rules
- Language of description