William C. Kessel photographs
Scope and Content Note
Two three-ring binders of photographs of students participating in various events and functions at the campus of the University of Buffalo.
- Kessel, William C. (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
William C. Kessel photographs are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
William C. Kessel graduated from the University of Buffalo in 1940 with a degree in business administration. While at the University of Buffalo, Kessel was a member of many clubs and organizations. Among these are the Camera Club and the Blue Masquers. He taught communication studies at Erie Community college; he died on March 28, 1996. For more information, see the 1940 Buffalonian Yearbook.
1 Linear Feet (2 binders)
Photographs of students of the class of 1940 when the university was still the private University of Buffalo, various events and functions, and the campus of the University of Buffalo. The title of "Memories of the Way We Were" was given to the photographs by Kessel.
This collection is arranged in a loose chronological order. Many of the photographs are unlabeled and undated.
Donated to University Archives by William C. Kessel on October 9, 1990.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by William Offhaus, July 2005.
Finding aid encoded by Danielle White, March 2014.
- College students -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- New York (State) -- Student activities -- Buffalo
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Students
- Student life
- Universities and colleges -- 1936-1940
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects
- Young photographers
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the William C. Kessel photographs
- Finding aid prepared by William Offhaus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US