University at Buffalo Homecoming Queen cape
Scope and Content Note
Blue velvet cape trimmed with white fur, worn by homecoming queens at the State University of New York at Buffalo, circa 1950-1970.
- circa 1950-1970
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
University at Buffalo Homecoming Queen cape, circa 1950-1970 is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Homecoming festivities began in 1934 when the university was still the private University of Buffalo. The tradition continues today. This particular cape was worn by the homecoming queens from approximately 1950 to 1970.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 oversize box)
Cape worn by homecoming queens, circa 1950-1970.
This collection consists of one item.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by John Edens, 2011.
Finding aid encoded by Danielle White, March 2014.
- Capes (outerwear) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New York (State) -- Student activities -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- New York (State) -- Women college students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student life Subject Source: Local sources
- Universities and colleges -- 1950-1970 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects Subject Source: Local sources
- Women college students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding aid for the University at Buffalo Homecoming Queen cape
- Finding aid prepared by John Edens.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note