Historic Headlines newspaper collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MS 241
The collection contains Buffalo News, Courier Express, and New York Times newspapers with headlines regarding events significant to Buffalo, New York and the United States. Events include the 1969 Moon Landing, President John F. Kennedy's assassination, the Vietnam War, President Richard M. Nixon's resignation, the Blizzard of 1977, President Bill Clinton's impeachment, and the September 11 Terrorist Attacks.
Terms of Access
Historic Headlines newspaper collection is open for research.
Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
6.5 Linear Feet (4 oversize boxes, 1 roll)
Historic Headlines newspaper collection consists of newspapers from the dates of historic events significant to Buffalo, New York, and the United States.
Materials collated by University Archives.
Accruals and Additions
Additional accruals are expected.
Processed by Jessica Hollister, September 2017. Finding aid updated by Jessica Hollister, February 2018.
- Apollo 11 (Spacecraft)
- Buffalo (N.Y.) -- History
- Clinton, Bill (William Jefferson) -- Impeachment
- Ford, Gerald R. (Gerald Rudolph)
- Johnson, Lyndon B (Lyndon Baines)
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald) -- Assassination
- Newspapers -- Buffalo (N.Y.)
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 -- Resignation
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001 -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the Historic Headlines newspaper collection
- Finding aid prepared by Jessica Hollister
- 25 September 2017
- Description rules
- Language of description