Kenneth Rogers Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of Kenneth Rogers, 1980-2013, (bulk 1984-2007) offer both a long-range understanding of community planning in the Buffalo Jewish community, and snapshots of particular institutions at specific times. Series I consists of reports, position papers, essays, and other materials authored by Kenneth Rogers in his capacity as a management strategy consultant for several Jewish community organizations. These data driven reports for Camp Lakeland, Hillel, Jewish Community Center, Jewish Family Service, Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo, Rosa Coplon Jewish Home and Infirmary, and its successor Weinberg Campus, include draft, data and final report formats which provide significant information about past, current and projected futures for each organization. In addition, this series also includes analyses of donor giving and management strategy analysis training for lay leaders serving on local boards.
Series II includes a variety of source materials relating to national Jewish demographic studies that inform local studies, as well as other local studies in which Kenneth Rogers participated as a member of a community team. Related materials in other collections appear in Jewish Community Center (ms204), Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo (ms225), Hillel (ms228) and David H. and Minnie G. Coplon Family (ms223) collections.
- Majority of material found within 1984-2007
- Rogers, Kenneth (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The personal papers of Kenneth Rogers, 1980-2013, (bulk 1984-2007) are open for research. There are no restrictions regarding access to or use of this collection.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Kenneth A. Rogers is a self employed Management Strategy Consultant with the consulting firm he established in 1989. A graduate of Binghamton University of the State University of New York, and the University at Buffalo of the State University of New York, he works in health, non-profit and cultural heritage fields as an advisor and strategist. Since 1986, as a Research Assistant Professor in the School of Public Health and Health Professions of the University at Buffalo, he has taught a graduate level course in health systems management and strategy, as well as authoring several works on strategic management of Health Facilities. From 1984 to 1988, he served as Vice President, Planning and Marketing at Millard Fillmore Hospitals in Buffalo, New York. He was the Facilitating Consultant, Town Square for Aging, Weinberg Campus from 2011 to 2013. Outside of health field, Kenneth Rogers has provided regional planning consulting to service industries and a broad range of not-for-profit organizations. Previously he was Executive Director of the Regional Economic Assistance Center of the University at Buffalo School of Management. He has served as President, Vice President and held several committee chair positions at Temple Beth Zion in Buffalo, NY. He was Chair of the Elmwood West National Historic District from 2010 to 2012. He has been planning coordinator at D’Youville College since 2000. A past President of the Buffalo/Niagara Chapter of the American Marketing Association and past Chair of the Board of the Greater Buffalo Chapter of the American Red Cross, he is a member of the Healthcare Association of Western New York, the Western New York, Healthcare Executive Forum and several national professional organizations.
1 Linear Feet (2 manuscript boxes)
Personal papers documenting demographical aspects of the broader Jewish community in Buffalo, as well as future planning for specific Jewish organizations as created by Kenneth Rogers.
This collection is arranged in two series as follows:
- Reports, Studies and Papers, 1980-2007
- Reference Materials, 1990-2013
Kenneth Rogers donated his personal papers in 2015. The papers were arranged in May 2016 and it was deposited at the University Archives, Special Collections by the Jewish Buffalo Archives Project in May 2016.
The Jewish Buffalo Archives Project was founded in late 2007 under the auspices of the Bureau of Jewish Education of Greater Buffalo with a seed grant from the Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies. The Archives Project collects mainly 20th century documentation relating to the diverse histories, religious traditions and cultures of Jewish communities within the Greater Buffalo area of Western New York, encompassing the geographic areas of Erie and Niagara Counties and partners with the University Archives at the University at Buffalo to make these records accessible.
The arrangement and description of the Kenneth Rogers Papers, 1980-2013, (bulk 1984-2007) was made possible by funding obtained through the Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies.
Accruals and Additions
Ongoing accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Chana Revell Kotzin in February 2016. The finding aid was finalized by Chana Revell Kotzin in March 2016. Finding aid encoded by Sarah Pinard, May 2016.
- Agendas (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Lakeland (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hillel (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo
- Jewish Family Service of Buffalo & Erie County
- Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo
- Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Region -- Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Western New York Region -- Religion Subject Source: Local sources
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Western New York Region -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Local sources
- Judaism -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Position papers Subject Source: Local sources
- Presentations (communicative events) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rosa Coplon Jewish Old Folks Home (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Weinberg Campus (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Finding Aid for the Kenneth Rogers Papers
- Finding aid prepared by Chana Revell Kotzin, March 2016.
- March 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note