Skip to Content

Ron Colgrove Drawing of Crosby Hall and Jacobs Center

 Item — Map-Case: 6.4
Identifier: 3/2/933
Pen and ink drawing of Crosby Hall and Jacobs Center by Ron Colgrove, presented to the School of Management by the Alumni Association in celebration of the school's 60th Anniversary.

Dates

  • 1987

Creator

Language of Materials

Collection material in English.

Terms of Access

The Ron Colgrove Drawing of Crosby Hall and Jacobs Center, 1987 are open for research.

Copyright

Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.

Extent

2.5 Linear Feet (1 oversize folder) : Pen and ink drawing

Overview

Pen and ink drawing of Crosby Hall and Jacobs Center presented to the School of Management by the Alumni Association in celebration of the school's 60th Anniversary.

Historical Note

The University of Buffalo's School of Business Administration was founded in 1923. Later named the School of Management, it was authorized to grant bachelor's degree in 1923, the MBA in 1931, and the PhD in 1949. Construction of Crosby Hall was completed on the South Campus in 1931 and was the first permanent home of the School of Business Administration. The building is named for William H. Crosby (d. 1944), treasurer of the University. Construction of the Jacobs Management Center was completed on the North Campus in 1985. The building honors Louis Jacobs and his wife, Genevieve Bibby Jacobs.

The artist, Ron Colgrove, is from Buffalo, New York and is a graduate of the Albright Art School. The Albright Art School was a post-secondary art school in Buffalo, New York, sponsored by the public art museum's governing body, the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, from 1887 to 1954. It offered studio art instruction in fine and applied arts, accompanying lectures, teacher training, and children's classes. In 1954 it merged into the Department of Art at the University of Buffalo retaining its name until the University joined the State University system in 1962.

Acquisition Information

This drawing was donated to the University Archives by David Costello, Assistant Dean, School of Management, in March 2016.

Accruals and Additions

No further accruals are expected to this collection.

Processing Information

Processed by Sarah Pinard, March 2016.

Creator

Source

Title
Ron Colgrove Drawing of Crosby Hall and Jacobs Center
Status
completed
Author
Finding aid prepared by Sarah Pinard
Date
2016 March 09
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
und

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives Repository

Contact:
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US
716-645-2916
716-645-3714 (Fax)