Amherst Campus Clippings
Scope and Content Note
The collection contains newspaper clippings regarding the selection of Amherst as the site for the second campus of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York. Also included are clippings regarding alternative sites (such as the Buffalo Waterfront), as well as those dealing with the initial phases of Amherst Campus construction.
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Office of the Vice President for University Facilities (Organization)
Terms of Access
The Amherst Campus Clippings, 1962-1980 are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
For historical information on the North Campus of the University at Buffalo, please ask for the North Campus History Files. For background information regarding the location of the University at Buffalo Health Sciences Center, please refer to the introduction of “Concept Schematic Phase Report” located in box 1, folder 6 of the collection 8/7/999, South Campus Planning Documents.
1.04 Linear Feet (2 manuscript boxes, 1 half manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Newspaper clippings dealing with various aspects of the North Campus of the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, in Amherst, New York.
This collection is arranged in chronological order. An exception to this occurs when more than one article of differing dates were photocopied onto one page.
No information available.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by William Offhaus, December 2004.
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Amherst Subject Source: Local sources
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- College buildings -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Buildings
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- History
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Planning
- Finding Aid for the Amherst Campus Clippings
- Finding aid prepared by William Offhaus, December 2004.
- Description rules
- Finding Aid Prepared Using Local Best Practices
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.