G. Lester Anderson papers (Part II)
Scope and Contents
Professional papers of G. Lester Anderson while he was the Director of Pennsylvania State University's Center for the Study of Higher Education. The papers, 1969-1975, include correspondence, reports, memoranda and minutes dealing with Anderson's role as a consultant to various institutions of higher education. In some cases the consultation was conducted independently, whereas in others he was affiliated with a specific organization such as the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. The papers also include materials relating to Anderson's association with the American Association of University Administrators, the American Association of Higher Education and various other organizations of higher education.
- Anderson, George Lester (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The G. Lester Anderson papers are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
- Born February 4, Chadron, Nebraska
- Diploma, Chadron High School
- Attended University of Nebraska
- A.B. Magna Cum Laude, Nebraska State Teachers College (English)
- High School Principal, Haigler, Nebraska
- High School Principal, Gordon, Nebraska
- M.A., Colorado State College of Education
- Superintendent of Schools, Hay Springs, Nebraska
- Research Assistant, University of Minnesota
- Ph.D., University if Minnesota
- Assistant Professor of Education, University of Minnesota
- Director of Student Teaching and Director of University High School, University of Minnesota
- Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
- Professor, University of Minnesota
- Dean of Teacher Education, Municipal Colleges of New York City
- Dean of Administration and Professor, University of Buffalo
- Vice Chancellor for Educational Affairs, University of Buffalo
- Acting Chairman, Department of Higher Education, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Acting Chairman, Office of Institutional Research, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Distinguished Service Professor of Higher Education, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Professor of Higher Education and Director of the Center for the Study of Higher Education, Pennsylvania State University
- Retired; Emeritus Professor and Emeritus Director, Pennsylvania State University
- Emeritus Professor of Higher Education, State University of New York at Buffalo
2.5 Linear Feet (1 carton, 2 manuscript boxes)
Papers of G. Lester Anderson including correspondence, drafts of papers and speeches, reprints, reports, bibliographies, clippings, photos, and other materials relating to Anderson's role as a consultant to various institutions of higher education. Also includes his association with various other organizations.
This collection is arranged in four series: I. Colleges and universities, II. American Association of Higher Education, III. American Association of University Administrators, and IV. Other higher education research materials.
Donated to the University Archives by G. Lester Anderson, July 8, 1976.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives Staff.
Finding aid encoded by Danielle White, March 2015.
- Anderson, George Lester -- Archives
- Anderson, George Lester -- Correspondence
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- English literature -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States
- Speeches (documents)
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Education -- Faculty
- Universities and colleges -- Administration
- University of Buffalo -- Archives
- University of Buffalo -- Faculty
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Education (Contributor, Organization)
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- University of Buffalo (Contributor, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the G. Lester Anderson papers (Part II)
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US