Office of Cultural Affairs records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes materials on art expositions, performing arts events, symposia, lectures, festivals and other events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Office of Cultural Affairs, State University of New York at Buffalo. Included are reports, papers, bulletins, brochures, meeting minutes, and correspondence. Also includes files on the management of Capen Gallery, the Fenton Lecture Series, and minutes of committees including the Commemorative Arts and Arts Management Committee (CAAM) and the Arts Acquisition Committee.
Please see 33/5/550, Office of Cultural Affairs Records, 1970-1978, 33/5/698, Office of Cultural Affairs Records, 1967-1985.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Office of Cultural Affairs Records, 1966-1972 are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Office of Cultural Affairs was established in 1967 as a vehicle for:
- linking community to university cultural programs
- assisting in the development of the university's internal cultural life
- providing a link to the cultural programming efforts of the University-wide Committee for the Arts
- sponsoring interdisciplinary programs of a kind not ordinarily supported by our arts departments
Excerpted from "Report of the Task Group to Study the Office of Cultural Affairs, January 17, 1983", Box/Folder 1.1, 16/4F/1194, George R. Levine Papers, 1965-1996.
6.5 Linear Feet (13 manuscript boxes)
Collection includes materials on art expositions, performing arts events, symposia, lectures, festivals and other events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Office of Cultural Affairs, State University of New York at Buffalo.
This collection is arranged in original order.
Collection was received from Carol Somers in the Office of Cultural Affairs, April 9, 1975.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Unprocessed, maintained in original folders.
- Finding Aid for the Office of Cultural Affairs records
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note