Anthony W. Novitsky and Christopher Densmore Alternative Press collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains periodicals issued between 1963 and 2000 with most of the material dated prior to 1990. Additionally, there is non-periodical material arranged by issuing organization. Periodicals and other material related to draft resistance and conscientious objectors during the Vietnamese Conflict are well represented in the collection. Additional topics covered include civil rights, the peace movement, disarmament, the women's movement, student unrest, and the labor movement.
- 1963-1989 (bulk)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Anthony W. Novitsky and Christopher Densmore Alternative Press Collection, 1963-2000 is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
"Alternative press" is a term that for printed publications, dissident in nature, that provide a different viewpoint than that provided by major mainstream and corporate print media.
17.0 Linear Feet (29 manuscript boxes, 4 half manuscript boxes, 1 flat box)
This collection consists of periodicals issued between 1963 and 2000 with most of the material dated prior to 1990, including non-periodical material arranged by issuing organization. Topics covered include draft resistance and conscientious objectors during the Vietnamese Conflict, civil rights, the peace movement, disarmament, the women's movement, student unrest, and the labor movement.
This collection is arranged in alphabetical order by publication title or when necessary, by organization name.
The bulk of the material in the collection was collected by Anthony W. Novitsky and donated to the University Archives. Similar material collected by University Archives staff member Christopher Densmore was incorporated to form a single collection
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives staff in the 1990s.
- Conscientious objectors -- Periodicals -- United States
- Densmore, Christopher
- Disarmament -- Periodicals
- Dissenters -- United States -- Periodicals
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- Periodicals
- Nonviolence -- Periodicals
- Pacifism -- Periodicals
- Peace -- Periodicals
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- Periodicals
- Peace movements -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Periodicals
- Radicalism -- United States -- Periodicals
- Small presses -- United States -- Periodicals
- Social movements -- Periodicals
- Student movements -- United States -- Periodicals
- Students -- United States -- Political activity -- Periodicals
- Underground press publications -- United States
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989 -- Periodicals
- University Archives
- Finding Aid for the Anthony W. Novitsky and Christopher Densmore Alternative Press collection
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note