Beverly Bishop papers
- Bishop, Beverly (Person)
Language of Materials
Terms of Access
Beverly Bishop Papers, 1947-2008 are open for research.
Please note: This collection is stored off-site. Access to collection requires 3 business days’ notice. Contact University Archives at (716) 645-2916 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
18.75 Linear Feet (15 record cartons)
- Received her bachelor of arts degree in mathematics from Syracuse University.
- Earned a master of science in psychology from the University of Rochester.
- Received a doctorate in Physiology from the University at Buffalo.
- Appointed as Chair of Membership Advisory Committee of the American Physiological Association. She and Helen Cecil were the first women to serve as Chair of an APS Standing Committee.
- Awarded the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Named SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor
- Died at the age of 85
Accruals and Additions
- Bishop, Beverly
- Manuscripts for publication
- Neurophysiology -- Experiments
- Physiology -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- Sleep -- Physiological aspects
- Slides (photographs)
- Sound recordings
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Department of Physiology -- Faculty
- Finding Aid for the Beverly Bishop papers
- Finding aid prepared by Jillian Suarez.
- Description rules
- Language of description