E.P. Sears Autographs album
Scope and Contents
The E.P. Sears Autographs album, 1782-1917, is an album of autographs collected by E.P. Sears, a Buffalo attorney. The album contains autographs and accompanying correspondence from prominent Western New Yorkers, New York State residents and nationally-known businessmen, politicians, authors and cultural figures. Includes, but is not limited to, autographs from the following people: John Trumbull, Samuel D. Ingham, Captain John Norris, Brigham Young, Charles Darwin, Louisa May Alcott, William Lloyd Garrison, Samuel L. Clemens, Walt Whitman, Frederick Douglas, Millard Fillmore, Frederick Law Olmstead and Theodore Roosevelt.
- Majority of material found within 1833-1917
- Sears, E.P. (Person)
- Trumbull, John (Contributor, Person)
- Ingham, Samuel (Contributor, Person)
- Norris, John, Captain (Contributor, Person)
- Young, Brigham (Contributor, Person)
- Darwin, Charles (Contributor, Person)
- Alcott, Louisa May (Contributor, Person)
- Garrison, William Lloyd (Contributor, Person)
- Clemens, Samuel Langhorne (Contributor, Person)
- Whitman, Walt (Contributor, Person)
- Douglass, Frederick (Contributor, Person)
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874 (Contributor, Person)
- Roosevelt, Theodore (Contributor, Person)
- Olmstead, Frederick Law (Contributor, Person)
Terms of Access
The E.P. Sears Autographs album, 1833-1917 is open to researchers.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
.83 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
An album of autographs collected by E.P. Sears, a Buffalo attorney. Autographs are from prominent Western New York residents, New York State and nationally-known businessmen, politicians, authors and cultural figures.
The autographs album is arranged in the order in which is was assembled by E.P. Sears.
Prior to coming to the University Archives this collection was located in the University Libraries' Rare and Special Books collection. The collection was transferred to University Archives in September 2014.
This collection was transferred to University Archives in September 2014.
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by Gabrielle Carlo and Sarah Pinard, December 2014.
Finding aid encoded by Sarah Pinard, December 2014.The album was disassembled and pages were interleaved. The album cover is housed with the album pages.
- Finding aid for the E.P. Sears Autographs album
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Pinard
- 09 December 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note