Millard Fillmore College Student Association records
Scope and Contents
The first series, MFCSA Director files includes the MFCSA Executive Committee meeting minutes, continuing education program and subject files containing information on studies, elections, research projects and affiliated schools. The second series, MFC programs and committees includes affiliated activities, committees, and associations. It also includes sponsored events such as awards nights, and conferences.
- Millard Fillmore College (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Millard Fillmore College Student Association records, 1962-1984, are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The purpose of the Millard Fillmore College Student Association (MFCSA) was to "protect the rights of Millard Fillmore College students, to represent them fully as possible, and to promote their best interests in the University and the community" (Constitution, 1979). It was designed to "provide social, service, and instructional activities while providing an opportunity for students to obtain training in leadership and organization" (Constitution, 1979).
2.5 Linear Feet (5 manuscript boxes)
Meeting minutes, correspondence and subject files relating to the MFC and Millard Fillmore College Student Association (MFCSA).
The records are arranged alphabetically. The collection is organized into two series: I. MFCSA Director’s files and II. Other MFC programs and committees.
Collection transferred from the Millard Fillmore Student Association on September 27, 1989.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
The collection included Sub-board meeting minutes from 1982-1983, which were moved to collection 9/11/766. SASU Government Reference Manual, circa 1975; and SASU notebook, circa 1983-1984, which were removed previous to processing.
Collection processed by Jen Goul.
Finding aid encoded by Danielle White, December 2014.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College student self-government Subject Source: Local sources
- Continuing education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Janetakos, Angeline
- Mmegwa, Chukwugozie
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs, College student development Subject Source: Local sources
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- Stiffler, Katharine
- Universities and colleges -- Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Millard Fillmore College Student Association records
- Finding aid prepared by Jen Goul.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note