E. J. Meyer School of Nursing Alumni Association records
Scope and Contents
The records of the E. J. Meyer School of Nursing Alumni Association Records contains items about the nursing school that were collected by the Alumni Association.
- Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital (Buffalo, N.Y.). School of Nursing. Alumni Association (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
E. J. Meyer School of Nursing Alumni Association Records, 1912-2007 are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
- Buffalo City Hospital Training School for Nurses organized
- The Board of Education approves the Buffalo City Hospital Training School for Nurses
- Erie County Hospital destroyed by fire (present site of The University of Buffalo)
- Nursing School registered by University of the State of New York
- April 11, 1923
- First meeting of the Alumni Association, April 11, 1923
- September 30, 1930
- Affiliation with the University of Buffalo, September 30, 1930
- Name change from Buffalo City Hospital to the Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital
- Hospital name change from the Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital to the Erie County Medical Center, but the school's name stayed the same
- Final graduating class, school closes
- June 30, 2007
- Alumni Association no longer exists as of June 30, 2007
11 Linear Feet (2 record cartons, 1 manuscript box, 1 flat box, 6 oversize boxes, 1 CD box)
The records and personal materials of the Edward J. Meyer School of Nursing Alumni Association.
This collection is arranged in five series:
- Alumni Association
- Cadet Nurses
The University Archives received the materials that form this collection in 2009. Please see archivist for more information.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by Jillian Suarez, March 2011.
- Artifacts (object genre)
- Costas, Imogene
- Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital (Buffalo, N.Y.). School of Nursing
- Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital (Buffalo, N.Y.). School of Nursing. Alumni Association
- Nursing schools -- New York (State) -- Buffalo
- School yearbooks
- Slides (photographs)
- Finding Aid for the E. J. Meyer School of Nursing Alumni Association records
- Finding aid prepared by Jillian Suarez.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.