Alexander F. Osborn papers
Scope and Contents
Original manuscripts and work files, circa 1948-1963, of Osborn's books, "Your Creative Power" (1948), "Wake up Your Mind" (1952), "Applied Imagination" (1953, revised 1957 and 1963); files on the Creative Education Foundation, including annual reports, 1954-1962, publications, including guides, directives, reprinted articles and speeches, circa 1958-1963. Teaching Tools of the Creative Education Foundation include instructor's manuals and student workbooks, 1959-1963. Creative Education Foundation include instructor's manuals and student workbooks, 1963-1964, consists primarily of requests for literature and information.
- Osborn, Alex F. (Alex Faickney) (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Alexander F. Osborn Papers, 1948-1966, are open for research.
Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Alexander Faickney Osborn, 1888-1966, advertising executive, founder of Batten, Barton, Burstine and Osborn, and the Creative Education Foundation.
11.0 Linear Feet (22 boxes)
The papers of Alexander F. Osborn, founder of Batten, Barton, Burstine and Osborn, and the Creative Education Foundation consist primarily of his professional activities.
This collection is arranged into six series: I. Your Creative Power, II. Wake Up Your Mind, III. Applied Imagination, IV. Creative Education Foundation, V. Creative Education Foundation Correspondence, VI. Books by Alexander Osborn
The Alexander F. Osborn Papers was donated to the University Archives by Alexander Osborn and the Creative Education Foundation in January 1967.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives staff.
- Books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Creative ability Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Creative thinking Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Imagination Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Osborn, Alex F. (Alex Faickney)
- Finding Aid for the Alexander F. Osborn papers
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note