Faculty Club records
Scope and Contents
The Faculty Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. records consist of meeting minutes and agendas, reports, correspondence, membership lists, notices and newsletters for both the Faculty Club and the Campus Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Faculty Club records , 1978-2002, are open for research.
Copyright is held by the State University of New York at Buffalo. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Formed in 1953, the purpose of the Faculty Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. and its successor, the Campus Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. was:
“…to develop and promote a sense of unity and community of purpose of the academic and professional staffs of the University, to provide opportunity for recreation and for greater cooperation in their academic work, to offer an opportunity for the constant and informal consideration of the problem of University life and work, to promote a closer relationship among the teaching and professional staff personnel of the several faculties and departments of the University, and to further in all ways possible the welfare of the University at Buffalo.” -taken from the constitution of the Faculty Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. [undated] folder 1.5 of this collection.
In 1991 the name of the Faculty Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. was changed to the Campus Club of the University at Buffalo, Inc. to “encourage the membership of others in the UB Community in addition to faculty” (“Campus Club continues goal of collegiality.” Reporter v. 31: no 21. February 24, 2000). The purpose and aims of the Campus Club were the same as those of the Faculty Club.
.417 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Records of the Faculty Club of the University at Buffalo and its successor the Campus Club of the University at Buffalo.
This collection is arranged in three series:
I. Faculty Club
II. Campus Club
III. 2019 Additions
This collection was accessioned in 1994, donor unrecorded. Additional materials were moved from the University Archives vertical files to this collection in April 2019.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by William Offhaus, March 2006.
- University of Buffalo. Faculty Club (Contributor, Organization)
- University Archives (Contributor, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Faculty Club records
- Finding aid prepared by William Offhaus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US