Benjamin H. Lyndon papers
Collection — Box: 1-20
Correspondence and professional papers, 1951-1973, of Benjamin H. Lyndon. Professional papers document the development of graduate and undergraduate social welfare education programs in the State University of New York system as well as Lyndon's work at a professor at the University at Buffalo and the State University of New York College at Brockport and his professional contributions.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Benjamin H. Lyndon papers, 1951-1973, are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
5.0 Linear Feet (19 manuscript boxes, 1 half manuscript box)
Correspondence and professional papers, 1951-1973, of Benjamin H. Lyndon, Dean of the School of Social Work at the University at Buffalo, 1956-1968.
Benjamin Lyndon (1911-1993) received his bachelors degree from Miami University (Ohio), his master of social work from Case-Western Reserve University, and his PhD from the University of Chicago. From 1956-1968, Lyndon was Dean of the School of Social Work at the University of Buffalo. He came to UB from New York University, where he had developed their social work program. After his retirement from the deanship at UB, he continued to teach at Wayne State University and helped establish the social work program at Brockport State College.
This collection is arranged in six series: I. Correspondence, II. Conference papers, III. Speeches and articles, IV. SUNY, V. Planning Social Work Education in New York State Campuses, and VI. School of Social Work and SUNY College at Brockport.
The University Archives received this collection from Benjamin Lyndon in September 1983 (accession 83-058) and December 1985 (accession 85-102).
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives Staff.
- Lyndon, Benjamin H. (Benjamin Herman) -- Archives
- Lyndon, Benjamin H. (Benjamin Herman) -- Correspondence
- Social service -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Social Work -- Faculty
- University of Buffalo -- Archives
- University of Buffalo. School of Social Work -- Faculty
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Social Work (Contributor, Organization)
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- University of Buffalo. School of Social Work (Contributor, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Benjamin H. Lyndon papers
- Finding aid prepared by Archives Staff.
- Description rules
- Language of description