Manuel D. Lopez papers
Scope and Contents
The Manuel D. Lopez papers include correspondence and other materials concerning the professional status of librarians within the State University of New York and the State University of New York at Buffalo (circa 1966-1968); information on Manuel Lopez's career as a reference librarian at Lockwood Library of the State University of New York at Buffalo, including an activity log (1971-1981), annual reports (1973-1981) and papers concerning planning for a new library on the Amherst Campus of the University (circa 1969-1971); papers concerning Lopez's catalog of the Polish Room Collection published in 1983 and his bibliographies on New York State History published in 1980 and 1987.
- Lopez, Manuel D. (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Manuel D. Lopez papers, 1966-1987, are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Manuel D. Lopez (1934-1991), librarian and bibliographer at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 manuscript boxes)
Correspondence, questionnaires, copies of resolutions, and other material regarding faculty status for librarians within the SUNY system and at SUNY at Buffalo; includes information concerning the origins of the SUNY Librarians' Association and the Association of Librarians at SUNY at Buffalo. Also includes information on Lopez's career as a reference librarian at Lockwood Library including an activity log (1971-1981); annual reports (1973-1981); papers concerning planning for a new library on the Amherst Campus (1964-1970) with plans for the reference department (1969-1971); catalog of the Polish Room Collection (1983); and bibliographies on New York State History (1980,1987).
This collection is arranged in three series:
I. Faculty Status for Librarians in SUNY
II. University Libraries, State University of New York at Buffalo
III. Professional papers
The University Archives received this material from Manuel D. Lopez on August 5, 1987.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by Archives Staff.
- Academic libraries -- Relations with faculty and curriculum Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lopez, Manuel D. -- Archives
- New York (State) -- History -- Bibliography Subject Source: Local sources
- Reference librarians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Resolutions (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the Manuel D. Lopez papers
- Finding aid prepared by Archives Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note