Samuel M. Golden collection
The collection of Samuel M. Golden includes collected and created photographs, slides, commemorative booklet and research paper relating to the activities of Temple Beth El, Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Jewish community life in Niagara Falls.
Photographic materials are divided among original photographs undertaken by Samuel Golden as a volunteer, and photographs taken by Samuel Golden of existing Temple photographs from an earlier period by unknown photographers. An official commemorative booklet, celebrating the centenary of Temple Beth El (Niagara Falls) is included. The text of a talk given by Mr. Golden drawn on his own research into Niagara Falls Jewry highlights other congregational histories as well as Temple Beth El, and is a useful source of wider Jewish history in Niagara Falls.
- Majority of material found within 1950s-1960s
- Golden, Samuel M. (Person)
Language of Materials
Terms of Access
.5 Linear Feet (1 half manuscript box)
Accruals and Additions
- Finding Aid for the Samuel M. Golden collection
- Finding aid prepared by Chana Revell Kotzin, May 2013.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- The arrangement and description of the Samuel M. Golden Collection was made possible by funding obtained through the Foundation for Jewish Philanthropies and the Bureau of Jewish Education.