Twentieth Century Political and Social Pamphlets collection
Scope and Contents
The information for the Container List was originally in a spreadsheet in 2006. All titles were checked in World Cat when this finding aid was created in 2008. Authorized author headings were used whenever possible reflecting modern spellings.
Boxes 33-35 contain photocopies of original French pamphlets from the 1880s-1920s.
- Majority of material found within 1935-1970
Language of Materials
Collection material in English, French and German.
Terms of Access
The Twentieth Century Political and Social Pamphlets collection is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
A collection of twentieth century political and social pamphlets issued in the United States, Great Britain, the Soviet Union, China, and elsewhere. Compliments a collection of nineteenth and twentieth century pamphlets on microfiche produced by the libraries at the State University of New York at Buffalo, the State University of New York at Binghamton, the State University of New York at Albany, Cornell University, and New York University. A catalog of the microfiche collection was issued as Twentieth Century Political Pamphlets (1994).
8.77 Linear Feet (7 manuscript boxes, 28 half manuscript boxes)
A collection of twentieth century political and social pamphlets issued in the United States, Great Britain, the Soviet Union, China, and elsewhere; includes 28 pamphlets illustrating life in the Soviet Union designed for distribution at the Soviet World of Tomorrow pavilion at the 1939 New York World's Fair.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by title.
Purchased by the University Libraries, Lockwood Memorial Library during the years 1965-1973. It was later transferred to the University Archives in January 2004.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by John Edens, August 2006. Collection was partially rehoused and finding aid updated by Sarah Pinard, June 2015.
- African Americans -- Civil Rights -- Pamphlets Subject Source: Local sources
- Communism -- Pamphlets Subject Source: Local sources
- Labor unions -- Pamphlets Subject Source: Local sources
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Socialism -- Pamphlets Subject Source: Local sources
- Women -- Pamphlets Subject Source: Local sources
- Finding Aid for the Twentieth Century Political and Social Pamphlets collection
- Finding aid prepared by John Edens, August 2006 and Jessica Tanny, July 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note