Mothers' Club of Buffalo collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of programs from the Mothers' Club of Buffalo and its affiliates, clippings and a sheet of early University of Buffalo songs, undated.
- Mothers' Club of Buffalo (Buffalo, N.Y.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Mothers' Club of Buffalo Collection, 1904-1912, 1956 is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Mothers' Club of Buffalo, affiliated with the Mother's Assembly of the State of New York, was a local women's group dedicated to educating parents about issues relating to the home and school. They met at the Women's Educational and Industrial Union in Niagara Square twice a month.
Some of their talks included: "The Schools as Social Centers", "The Standard of our Teachers and What We as Mothers Owe to Them", "Buffalo of Today", and "A Grandmother's Day".
.15 Linear Feet (1 folder)
The Mothers' Club of Buffalo, affiliated with the Mother's Assembly of the State of New York, was a local women's group dedicated to educating parents about issues relating to the home and school. The collection includes annual programs listing upcoming meetings, officers, and current members from 1904-1910. It also includes programs from the 1912 New York State Mothers Assembly held in Rochester, N.Y.
This collection is arranged in chronological order.
The collection was from the papers of Mrs. Edgar Winters, former officer and member of The Mothers' Club of Buffalo. It was donated to the University Archives by Pat Lerner, granddaughter Mrs. Winters in August 1992.
Program from 1955-1956 was removed from the 4/9/1091, Sparkle M. Furnas Papers, 1901-1991 and added in May 2011.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
A 1908-1909 program for the Buffalo Academy of Medicine was sent to the History of Medicine Collection in the Health Sciences Library on September 1992.
Collection processed by Archives Staff, 1992.
- Buffalo Federation of Women's Clubs (N.Y.)
- Federation of Women's Literary and Educational Organizations of Western New York
- Mothers -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Societies and clubs
- Mothers' Club of Buffalo (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- New York State Assembly of Mothers
- New York State Assembly of Mothers. Meeting (16th : 1912 : Rochester, N.Y.)
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- University of Buffalo -- Songs and music
- Women -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Societies and clubs
- Women's History in Buffalo and Western New York Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- Finding Aid for The Mothers' Club of Buffalo collection
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US