Henry Amos Wilmot papers
Scope and Contents
These papers consists primarily of the financial records of Dr. Henry Amos Wilmot from the time of his graduation from the University of Buffalo Medical School in 1877 to his death in 1924.
The records document Dr. Wilmot's financial dealings with his patients. They include names of patients, date of treatment, amount of bill and when and how or whether Dr. Wilmot was paid.
Also included are letter files, consisting primarily of bills for medical supplies and other items and Dr. Wilmot's framed diploma.
- Wilmot, Henry Amos (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Henry Amos Wilmot Papers, 1877-1923, are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Henry Amos Wilmot (1849-1924), born Ogden, New York, attended college at Cornell University (1871-1873) and the University of Buffalo, graduating from the latter in 1877; served as Middleport, N.Y., Health Officer, as president of the Niagara County Medical Society, as president of the local Board of Education and as local Warden of the (Episcopal) Church; member of Delta Kappa Epsilon College fraternity and several local lodges.
2.1 Linear Feet (5 manuscript boxes; 1 framed diploma)
The Henry Amos Wilmot Papers consist primarily of the financial records of Dr. Wilmot from the time of his graduation from the University of Buffalo Medical School in 1877 until his death in 1924, documenting names of patients, dates of treatments, costs, and when, how or whether Dr. Wilmot was paid. Also includes letter files, consisting mainly of bills for medical supplies and other items, as well as Dr. Wilmot's framed diploma.
This collection's arrangement has been maintained from the original processing. Letter files follow ledgers and other bound documents.
These papers were donated to the University Archives by Henry Wilmot DeGraff, grandson of Dr. Wilmot, on October 30 and November 6, 1975.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by Archives Staff.
- Delta Kappa Epsilon
- Health officers -- New York (State) -- Middleport Subject Source: Local sources
- Medical appointments and schedules -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- Medical fees -- New York (State) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medical records -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- Medical supplies -- United States -- Costs Subject Source: Local sources
- Medicine -- Practice -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- Middleport (N.Y.). Board of Education
- Middleport (N.Y.). Department of Health
- Niagara County Medical Society
- Physicians (General practice) -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- Physicians -- Salaries, etc. -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- University of Buffalo. School of Medicine
- Wilmot, Henry Amos -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the Henry Amos Wilmot papers
- Finding aid prepared by Archives Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note