Health Sciences Library Blue Ribbon Committee collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains planning materials, correspondence, and final report of the Blue Ribbon Committee which reviewed the Health Sciences Library prior to a search for a new director.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Health Sciences Library Blue Ribbon Committee collection, 1992-1993, is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
In 1992, C.K. Huang, who had been director of the Health Sciences Library for 22 years, retired. Following a resolution passed by the Health Sciences Library Faculty Advisory Committee, the University Libraries constituted a Blue Ribbon Committee of outside consultants to review the operations of the Health Sciences Library prior to a search for a new director of the Health Sciences Library.
The committee was comprised of: Marty Adamson, Associate Director, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center Library; Alison Bunting, Associate University Librarian for Sciences, UCLA Louise Darling Biomedical Library; Patricia Mickelson, Director of Library and Academic Information Service for the Schools of the Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh; and Pat Molholt, Assistant Vice President, Associate Dean for Scholarly Resources, Columbia University Health Sciences.
The committee visited the campus on June 2-4, 1993 and submitted their final report in August 1993.
.21 Linear Feet (1 half manuscript box)
Contains the planning materials and final report of the Blue Ribbon Committee which reviewed the Health Sciences Library prior to a search for a new director.
This collection is arranged in chronological order.
The collection was received from the University Library Director's Office in 2006.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by Karen Spencer, December 2010.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medical libraries -- Administration Subject Source: Local sources
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Health Sciences Library -- Archives
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Health Sciences Library (Contributor, Organization)
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- Finding Aid for Health Sciences Library Blue Ribbon Committee collection
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Spencer.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note