Future of SUNY records
Scope and Contents
Documents collected by the Office of Public Affairs at the State University of New York at Buffalo related to the Report of the Independent Commission on the Future of the State University, transcripts of testimony of Steven B. Sample, Clifford R. Wharton, and others before the New York State Senate and Assembly in support of legislation to restructure the State University of New York as a public benefit corporation, correspondence, clippings, and other material.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Future of SUNY records, 1984-1985, are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
In 1985, an independent commission evaluated the SUNY system and wrote a report on the future of SUNY.
.5 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Documents collected by the Office of Public Affairs related to the Independent Commission on the Future of the State University.
Original order has been maintained.
Future of SUNY records,1984-1985, were given to the archives by the Office of Public Affairs on December 16, 1986.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Collection processed by John Edens, March 2006.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Independent Commission on the Future of the State University
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- State University of New York. Central Administration
- Testimonies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Future of SUNY records, 1984-1985
- Finding aid prepared by John Edens.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note