Staff Executive Committee records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains digital files created by the Professional Executive Committee and Staff Executive Committee, including minutes, agendas, meeting documents, images, video from the FEC/SEC brown bag session, governance documents, subcommittee files, a State of the Libraries sound recording, and survey results.
Terms of Access and Use
The Staff Executive Committee records, 2008- are open to researchers. Access to digital material provided via the University Archives' Digital Archives online repository.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Professional Executive Committee was formed to support and advocate for University Libraries professional staff, overall furthering the mission of the University at Buffalo. A 2019 bylaw revision changed the name of the committee to the Staff Executive Committee to include all staff working in the libraries.
The Staff Executive Committee consists of five voting members of the Professional and Classified Staff. Three members are elected in one year and two members are elected in alternate years to serve a two-year term.
0.889 Gigabytes (157 files)
Language of Materials
Digital records created by the Staff Executive Committee.
This collection is arranged chronologically.
The Staff Executive Committee records, 2008- were transferred to University Archives by SEC secretary Grace Trimper in April 2023 as accession 2023-013-BD. Digital files are transferred from SEC's SharePoint site an annual basis.
Accruals and Additions
Further accruals are expected.
Processed by Grace Trimper, April 2023; finding aid encoded by Grace Trimper, April 2023.
This collection was processed in accordance with the University Archives processing guidelines/policies.
Digital files created by the Staff Executive Committee were transferred to University Archives via internet transfer. Where possible, digital content saved on storage media was normalized to standard preservation and access formats and transferred to a stable preservation environment following the University Libraries' Digital Preservation guidelines. Some folder titles were altered and file arrangement reorganized to assist researchers in locating and identifying digital content. File names were altered to include the collection name at the beginning of the original file name. For a list of original file names, refer to the file manifests of each folder.
- Administrative records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Committees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- PDF Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges--Professional staff Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Video recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Staff Executive Committee records
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper
- 21 April 2023
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description