Office of Urban Affairs publications
Scope and Contents
Collection contains reports and other publications issued by the Office of Urban Affairs at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Includes issues of the Public Affairs Series.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
Office of Urban Affairs Publications, 1971-1985 are open for research.
University records are public records and once fully processed are generally open to research use. Access to student and personnel records is restricted for 80 years from the date of creation. See reference staff for details. No restrictions on access apply to published records. The restriction of university records is subject to compliance with applicable laws, including the Freedom of Information Act. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the archives' usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
In 1970 Frank J. Corbett was named director of the Office of Urban Affairs, a post he held for 18 years. He served as the architect of the university-community relations program through which the research and public-service missions of UB were extended to the Buffalo minority community.
-- taken from The Reporter, February 17, 2005, obituary for Frank Corbett.
For more information the Office of Urban Affairs please see University Involvement in the Community written by Corbett and Murray Levine, chapter 8 of Psychologist, Heal Thyself: the University and the Urban Crisis edited by Howard Mitchell and Dan Adelson (New York: Behavioral Publications, 1974), a copy of which is available in Corbett's biographical file.
1 Linear Feet (2 manuscript boxes)
Reports and other publications issued by the Office of Urban Affairs at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Includes issues of the Public Affairs Series.
This collection is arranged in original order.
No information available.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by John Edens, March 2006.
- Cities and towns -- Research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Office of Urban Affairs -- Publications
- Finding Aid for the Office of Urban Affairs publications, 1971-1985
- Finding aid prepared by John Edens, March 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note