Asian Studies Program newsletter
Scope and Contents
Digital copies of the 2017-2019 issues of the Asian Studies Program annual newsletter.
Terms of Access and Use
The Asian Studies newsletter, 2017-2019 is open to researchers.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Asian Studies program was established in 1993 and started the Asia at Noon Friday lecture series in 1994. During the beginning years of the program, UB hosted several different Asia-themed symposia and conferences, which led to a long tradition of events organized by Asian Studies.
The program's curriculum was formally established in 1999, and the Asian Studies major became official in 2003. The first Asian Studies bachelor's degree was awarded in 2004.
The Asian Studies program began releasing newsletters in 1995. Today, the newsletter is released on an annual basis, both in print and online.
Adapted from "History Of Asian Studies At UB" from the Asian Studies Program website.
0.029 Gigabytes (3 files)
Language of Materials
Digital copies of newsletters from the Asian Studies Program.
This collection is arranged chronologically.
The Asian Studies newsletter was collected by University Archives staff. Digital issues were collected via internet download in April 2022.
Accruals and Additions
Accruals are expected as new issues are released.
Processed by Archives staff; digital material processed by Grace Trimper, April 2022; finding aid encoded by Grace Trimper, April 2022.
This collection was processed in accordance with the University Archives processing guidelines/policies.
- Asia -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- PDF Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Asian Studies Program
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Asian Studies Program (Donor, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Asian Studies Program newsletter
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper
- 2022 April 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description