United University Professions Agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions
Scope and Contents
Collection contains tentative and final agreements between the State of New York and the Senate Professional Association and the United University Professions. Also included is Salary Agreement for 1978/1979 and Memorandum of Understanding Relating to Evaluation and Promotional Systems for Professional Employees, 1977, 1979. Prior to 1973 faculty and non- teaching professionals were represented by Senate Professional Association.
Later agreements issued under title, Agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions, inc.
- United University Professions (Association: N.Y.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
United University Professions agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions, 1974-2007 are open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
United University Professions has been the union and collective bargaining representative for the faculty and non-teaching professionals of the State University of New York since 1973. UUP has an administrative office in Albany and chapters based at each SUNY campus and at SUNY Central Administration only. It is Local 2190 of the American Federation of Teachers). Prior to 1973 faculty and non-teaching professionals were represented by the Senate Professional Association.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Collective bargaining agreement reached between the State of New York and United University Professions.
This collection is arranged chronologically by subject.
Removed from Miscellaneous Printed Collection, April 2004; the bulk of the collection received initially from Kenneth Conklin, University Personnel.
Accruals and Additions
Further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by John Edens, February 2005.
- Collective bargaining -- Government employees -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- Collective labor agreements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collective labor agreements -- College teachers -- New York (State) Subject Source: Local sources
- New York (State) -- Collective labor agreements -- Education, Higher Subject Source: Local sources
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- United University Professions (Association: N.Y.)
- Finding Aid for the United University Professions agreement between the State of New York and United University Professions
- Finding aid prepared by John Edens, February 2007.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note