UB Art Gallery records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains materials on the development of specific exhibits presented at the UB Art Gallery and a collection of files on artists and subjects associated with the Art Gallery and director, Al Harris.
- Bulk: 1993-2004
- UB Art Gallery (Organization)
Terms of Access and Use
The UB Art Gallery records, 1975-2004 are open to researchers.
Please note: This collection is stored off-site. Access to collection requires 3 business days’ notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The UB Art Gallery in the Center for the Arts is a non-collecting institution that has a pedagogical mission to present and interpret temporary exhibitions that examine cultural and socio-political topics informing current art practices. The Gallery also initiates programs and conferences that bring together scholars from various disciplines to discuss issues that affect cultural and social policy. The UB Art Gallery supports the creation and presentation of artworks by emerging and mid-career artists, emphasizing interpretation of this work through scholarly publications. The UB Art Gallery also provides training and supervision of graduate and undergraduate internships, including curatorial experiences.
The UB Art Gallery’s core exhibition program consists of six to eight exhibitions a year, providing a dynamic forum for contemporary artists, as well as faculty and students across disciplines, to showcase research and artwork through exhibitions, projects and events.
10 Linear Feet (8 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The records of artists and exhibits presented at the UB Art Gallery.
Collection is arranged in three series: Series I. Gallery Exhibition Files; Series II. Director’s Artist Files; Series III. Subject Files
The UB Art Gallery records, 1975-2004 were transferred to University Archives by the University Art Gallery.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected.
Processed by Jillian Suarez, August 2011; finding aid encoded by Grace Trimper, September 2020.
- Art in universities and colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Exhibition catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- College art museums Subject Source: Local sources
- State University of New York at Buffalo. Center for the Arts
- UB Art Gallery. Exhibitions
- Videocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the UB Art Gallery records
- Finding aid prepared by Jillian Suarez
- August 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description