Michele Alexander Love Canal papers
Scope and Contents
Includes research reports, notes and drafts, correspondence, event programs, and clippings related to the Love Canal Health Project.
- University of Buffalo. School of Medicine (Organization)
- Alexander, Michele (Donor, Person)
Terms of Access and Use
The Michele Alexander Love Canal papers, 1975-1981 are open to researchers.
Copyright is held by The State University of New York at Buffalo. Copyright in other papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
The Love Canal Health Project began in 1980 when the Center for Disease Control asked the University at Buffalo's School of Medicine to collaborate on a project focused on studying the health of the people living around Love Canal. Dr. Michele Hindi-Alexander was Clinical Coordinator of the Love Canal Health Project from 1980-1981, until the project was canceled due to a lack of funding.
0.209 Linear Feet (1 half manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Papers related to Love Canal from Dr. Michele Alexander's time as the coordinator of the University at Buffalo School of Medicine's Love Canal Health Project.
The materials in this collection are arranged in alphabetical order.
The Michele Alexander Love Canal papers were gifted to University Archives by Dr. Michele Alexander in November 2019.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected.
Processed by Grace Trimper, January 2020; finding aid encoded by Grace Trimper, January 2020. Some articles were removed from the collection due to their availability elsewhere in the libraries.
- Chemical plants -- Waste disposal -- Environmental aspects -- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls
- Environmental Issues in Western New York Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill (Niagara Falls, N.Y.)
- New York (State) -- Environmental health -- Niagara Falls
- State University of New York at Buffalo. School of Medicine
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Michele Alexander Love Canal papers
- Finding aid prepared by Grace Trimper
- January 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US