Paul Krehbiel Campus Unrest collection
Scope and Contents
Papers, circa 1968-1970, of student activist Paul Krehbiel, concerning his involvement in and exposure to the Student unrest of the late 1960s-1970 at the University at Buffalo. The papers are divided into series chronicling local issues (e.g., the Buffalo 9, University and regional rallies and issues) and publications; non-local information (e.g., SDS publications, miscellaneous clippings); and one file on Krehbiel’s post-UB activities. Significantly represented topics include material on general strikes; marches on hunger and other community involvement; equal rights; project Themis; Vietnam; SDS and its division into the Weathermen, et al.; national student unrest; Buffalo YAWF (including copies of The Activist magazine); Buffalo general publications such as New Age and the Buffalo Insighter; University-related activities and publications (Midnight Oil), many centering on the UB Norton Student Union, which became a focus for unrest and student meetings.
- circa 1968-2000
- Majority of material found within ( 1968-1970)
- Krehbiel, Paul (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English.
Terms of Access
The Paul Krehbiel Campus Unrest collection is open for research.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Paul Krehbiel attended the University at Buffalo during the Student Unrest period, and was involved with the major events of the day; he was subsequently heavily involved in the publication of Cold Steel and various other publications and left-wing-oriented newsletters. As of the early 2000’s, Krehbiel is still involved in activist work, working primarily in the labor movement, currently (2003) organizing Steward Councils, and is the Chief Negotiator for 6,000 Registered Nurses in Southern California.
.5 Linear Feet (1 manuscript box)
Papers of student activist Paul Krehbiel, concerning his involvement in and exposure to the Student unrest of the late 1960s-1970 at the University at Buffalo. The bulk of the material is dated from circa 1968-1970, except Krehbiel’s later organizational interests, which dates from 2000.
This collection is arranged in alphabetical order, by title of folder, and then roughly chronologically.
The Paul Krehbiel Campus Unrest collection was donated to the University by Paul Krehbiel on March 4, 2003.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected to this collection.
Processed by Archives Staff.
The Krehbiel Student Unrest collection can be further processed; more material is expected and could be sought. The material should be considered a sub-set of the University Archives’ Student Unrest collections (3/5/xxx).
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Krehbiel, Paul -- Archives
- Political posters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State University of New York at Buffalo -- Archives
- Student movements -- New York (State) -- History -- Buffalo -- 20th century -- Sources Subject Source: Local sources
- Student protestors -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- Works of art Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University Archives (Repository, Organization)
- State University of New York at Buffalo (Contributor, Organization)
- Campus Unrest at the University at Buffalo Collection (State University of New York at Buffalo) (Organization)
- Finding Aid for the Paul Krehbiel Campus Unrest collection
- Finding aid prepared by University Archives staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note