Martin Meyerson inauguration scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook of the inauguration of University at Buffalo President Martin Meyerson. Meyerson was the 10th President of the university, and served from 1966-1970. Scrapbook includes clippings, invitations, speeches, schedules, photographs, and other ephemera.
Terms of Access and Use
The Martin Meyerson inauguration scrapbook is open to researchers.
Copyright of papers in the collection may be held by their authors, or the authors' heirs or assigns. Researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and University Archives before requesting photocopies and/or publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Once permission is obtained, most papers may be copied in accordance with the library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
Martin Meyerson, whose academic background was in environmental design and urban planning, became the University's tenth President in 1966. Previously, he was professor of urban development and dean of the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley. He served as Interim Chancellor for UC Berkeley from January to July, 1965 at the height of their campus controversy concerning student rights and privileges. During his tenure at Buffalo, this campus saw a similar period of student unrest. Meyerson's presidency was noted for academic innovation in the period of rapid growth as the plans were laid and ground was broken for a new campus in Amherst, N. Y. When he officially left the University in 1970, he became president of the University of Pennsylvania, serving that school until 1981.
1 Linear Feet (1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
Scrapbook of the inauguration of University at Buffalo President Martin Meyerson. Meyerson was the 10th President of the university, and served from 1966-1970.
The Martin Meyerson inauguration scrapbook was transferred to University Archives by the Office of Public Affairs, in July, 1984 as accession 84-052.
Accruals and Additions
No further accruals are expected.
Processed by Archives staff, date unrecorded; finding aid encoded by Amy Vilz, May 2019.
- College presidents -- Inauguration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College presidents -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Subject Source: Local sources
- Meyerson, Martin
- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- College presidents Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Martin Meyerson inauguration scrapbook
- Finding aid prepared by Archives staff
- 30 May 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note