Skip to Content

Mortgages and Land

 Sub-Series
Identifier: Subseries D
Papers concerning the history of the University of Buffalo assembled by Julian Park, first Dean of the Colleges and later University Historian. Includes documents from the University Council and of the Medical School concerning the activities of the University from its establishment in 1846 to the 1950s; correspondence and documents concerning the University Extension Movement, circa 1904-1911, and the College of Arts and Sciences, 1913-1961; minutes of the Deans' Committee, 1916-1923; correspondence with John Lord O'Brian and Edward Michael concerning the Extension Movement and the acquisition of the Main Street campus for the University; correspondence with Paul Mohn, Niles Carpenter and others concerning the history of the University, the Schools of Engineering, Social Work and Medicine; scrapbooks, 1911-1964, kept by Park documenting the University of Buffalo as well as Park's personal and professional activities.

Dates

  • 1834-1965

Terms of Access

The Julian Park Papers, 1834-1965 are open for research.

Extent

From the Collection: 5 Linear Feet (10 manuscript boxes, 1 oversize box, 1 map case drawer)

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives Repository

Contact:
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US
716-645-2916
716-645-3714 (Fax)