Conferences, 1990-2006, 2015, undated
Scope and Contents
This collection represents the papers of former University at Buffalo professor Anna Kay France as related to her involvement in the organization of the 1st International Women Playwrights Conference (IWPC). It documents the organization and convening of the first conference including biographical information, scripts, and correspondence with select national and international women playwrights of the 1980s. In addition, the collection contains administrative papers including correspondence, meeting minutes and agendas, transcripts of audio recording of conference sessions, and manuscript drafts of France's book, International Women Playwrights: Voices of Identity and Transformation (Proceedings of the First IWPC).
The collection also documents the organization and activities of the International Center for Women Playwrights (ICWP). It includes meeting agendas and minutes, event flyers and programs, and correspondence. In addition, it documents the ICWP's involvement in the planning of the 2nd-4th IWPCs, as well as its relationship with the International Advisory Committee.
Also includes PDF copies of the 2016 Women Playwrights International newsletter and the 2015 10th Women Playwrights International Conference.
- 1990-2006, 2015
- From the Collection: International Advisory Committee for the International Women Playwrights Conference (Organization)
- From the Collection: International Center for Women Playwrights (Organization)
- From the Collection: International Women Playwrights Conference (Organization)
- From the Collection: International Women Playwrights: Voices of Identity and Transformation (Organization)
- From the Collection: University Archives (Organization)
- From the Collection: Women Playwrights International (Organization)
Terms of Access and Use
International Women Playwrights Conference records, 1984-2006 (bulk 1987-1989) are open for research.
0.004 Gigabytes (1 file)
Language of Materials
Preservica Internal URL
Related Digital Material
Part of the University Archives Repository
420 Capen Hall
Buffalo New York 14260-1674 US