Gibbs, Lois Marie
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
A portion of the original video footage shot for the PBS documentary, "In Our Own Backyard," produced by Lynn Corcoran, with detailed tape log notes.
Materials collected by Dr. Adeline Levine, Department of Sociology, State University of New York at Buffalo, for her book Love Canal: Science, Politics and People, published by Lexington Books in 1982. This collection includes a copy of the Quit Claim Deed, dated April 28, 1953, in which land was transferred from Hooker Electrochemical to the Niagara Falls Board of Education for the sum of $1.
Research material, including field notes, audio interviews, transcripts, and correspondence related to Adeline Levine's research with residents of the Love Canal neighborhood of Niagara Falls, New York, who were affected by the man-made environmental disaster.
Slides, photographs, and clippings about the environmental disaster known as Love Canal collected by Penelope Ploughman for her dissertation, The Creation of Newsworthy Events: An Analysis of Newspaper Coverage of the Man-Made Disaster at Love Canal.
- New York (State) -- Environmental health -- Niagara Falls 3
- CD-ROMs 2
- Clippings files 2
- Hazardous substances -- Environmental aspects 2
- Love Canal Chemical Waste Landfill (Niagara Falls, N.Y.) 2
- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls -- Hazardous waste sites 2
- Photographs 2
- Audiocassettes 1
- Audiovisual materials 1
- Chemical plants -- Waste disposal -- Environmental aspects -- New York (State) -- Niagara Falls 1
- Field notes 1
- Hazardous waste site remediation 1
- Interviews 1
- Microfilms 1
- Political participation 1
- Reporters and reporting 1
- Slides (photographs) 1
- Sociologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Theses 1
- VHS (TM) 1 + ∧ less