University of the State of New York. Board of Regents
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Newton Garver papers
Papers of Newton Garver, UB professor of philosophy. Collection includes Garver's participation in the Feinberg Loyalty Oath court case and his membership in the Society of Friends.
Richard Lipsitz, Sr. papers
Working papers of Richard Lipsitz, Esq., attorney for plaintiffs in Keyishian et al. vs. Board of Regents et al., 1964, in which four faculty members and a librarian at the State University of New York at Buffalo challenged New York State's Feinberg Law on public employees and subversive activities. Includes correspondence, court documents, notes, press clippings, and background materials.
George Starbuck papers on the Feinberg Oath
Papers of George Starbuck regarding his employment at the University at Buffalo and his refusal to sign the "Feinberg certificate," an anti-Communist oath.
University of the State of New York reports
Materials related to The University of the State of New York. The collection includes regulatory policies, higher education reports, program development reports, Commissioner of Education records, legislative proposals, and Board of Regents records.
- Academic freedom -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 3
- College teachers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- New York (State) -- Cases 3
- College teachers -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Political activity 3
- Educational law and legislation -- New York (State) -- Cases 3
- Freedom of association -- United States -- Cases 3
- Freedom of speech -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 3
- Loyalty oaths -- New York (State) -- Cases 3
- Correspondence 2
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Subversive activities -- New York (State) -- Cases 2
- Teachers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- New York (State) -- Cases 2
- Church meetings -- Records and correspondence 1
- Conference proceedings 1
- Education 1
- Education -- Administration 1
- Education -- New York (State) -- Periodicals 1
- Education -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Education, Higher--New York (State) 1
- Judicial records 1
- Public universities and colleges--United States 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- State Government Publications -- New York (State) 1 + ∧ less