Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
The Records of the Jewish Federation of Greater Buffalo in the Jewish Archives of Greater Buffalo. Included are the records of constituent agencies and member organizations of the Federation such as, the Bureau of Jewish Education, Jewish Family Services, the Jewish Community Center, Kadimah School of Buffalo, and the Rose Coplon Home. Records include minutes, committee reports, publications, correspondence, yearbooks, scrapbooks, and photographs.
Records of the Local Jewish Community in the Jewish Archives of Greater Buffalo include cemetery records, local temple and shul records, and Jewish organizations. Also included are material pertaining to deported persons and refugee matters, and the papers of Max M. Yellen and Dr. Gerhard J. Falk and Dr. Ursula A. Falk.
The papers of Prominent Local Jews in the Jewish Archives of Greater Buffalo include the papers of Donald S. Day, Dorothy Goldberg, Bernard Mandelkern, Morton Merowitz, Haskell Penn, and Milton Plesur as well as oral history interviews with other notable persons. Included in the collection are committee reports, correspondence, photographs, and citizenship records.
The Selig Adler collection in the Jewish Archives of Greater Buffalo consists of Adler's published articles as well as those of colleagues and friends. Includes biographical information on Adler and his family as well as his notes and lecture materials on Jewish and American history.
Synagogue records of the Jewish Archives of Greater Buffalo. Records of Congregation B'rith Sholem (Pine Street Shul) and Temple Sinai include account books, record books, receipt and memo pads, photographs, deeds, correspondence, committee minutes, and bulletins.
Records of the Jewish Federation and, because of the Federation's encompassing nature, the some records from affiliated and supported institutions. Local case files on Soviet Jewish immigration created by Jewish Family Service are included. The collection includes a file of the Jewish Federation's newsletter, Federation News.
- Subject: Jewish archives -- New York State X
- Jewish archives -- New York State 5
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 5
- Judaism -- History -- Modern Period, 1750- 4
- Minutes (administrative records) 4
- Photographs 4
- Citizenship papers 2
- Jewish historians -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Jewish leadership -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Jews -- Education 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Temples -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 2
- Account books 1
- Administrative records 1
- Articles 1
- Book reviews 1
- Charters 1
- Deeds 1
- Fliers (printed matter) 1
- Fund raising -- New York (State) -- Buffalo 1
- Israel -- History 1
- Israel and the diaspora 1
- Jewish archives -- New York (State) -- Buffalo Region 1
- Jewish archives -- New York (State), Western 1
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Charities 1
- Jews -- Legal status, laws, etc. 1
- Jews -- Migrations -- Government policy -- Soviet Union 1
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Buffalo -- Archives 1
- Jews -- New York (State), Western -- Archives 1
- Jews -- Persecutions -- Soviet Union 1
- Judaism -- United States -- History 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Lectures 1
- Oral histories (document genres) 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Soviet Union -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy 1
- United States -- Foreign Relations -- 20th Century 1 + ∧ less